04 March 2010

Baby Shower

This last weekend I had my first baby shower. It was very exciting scoring all kinds of stuff for Caden. It was back home in Fort Walton Beach and was given by my sisters and my mom. They did a very good job. The decor was too cute. My faves were the clothes line with Caden spelt on onesies made by Missy and the guest sign book made by Becky. I was glad that everyone was able to make it and was also really excited to see some of my friends I hadn't seen in 3 and 4 years! When I got home Sunday Erick had a game so I was asleep when he got home. I found it really cute the next morning that he had unloaded my car and laid out every item from the shower in the sunroom so he could see it all. His favorite, of course, was the Atlanta Braves outfits mom got for Caden.
While I was at my parents we also celebrated my oldest nephew's 18th birthday. I can't believe Michael is already 18! He will graduate this spring and is planning on joining the Air Force. We are very proud of him.
And check out this cute pic Becky got of Jackson!
This week I am 35 weeks. Everything went well at my appointment. I cut back to a 30 hour work week last week which seems to be helping a lot with my swelling. I have had a couple new pregnancy symptoms pop up over the last couple weeks including pain in one of my legs that comes and goes and reflux that awakes me in the middle of the night throwing up. But I can deal because I'm in the home stretch now. I actually lost a pound from my last appointment, which surprised me because I ate a lot of dirt desert at the shower! I have gained 30 pounds thus far. I'm hoping I'll stay close to that. I also measured 36 weeks. I forgot to update y'all that a week after my last appointment with the specialist they called and said Caden is doing well- no heart problems. Even though I thought he sounded big his weight was in the 50th percentile. Dr. Dixon (my regular ob) said it's hard to predict but if he continues at that rate he should be 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 pounds. We'll see.

Yesterday we signed the contract for the fence around the pool. It should be installed within the next two weeks. Even though our little guy won't be walking for a while I wanted to go ahead and get it done so it didn't become a project that just kept getting put off. For the most part all of our other projects are done. I think I am literally trying to find stuff to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment