19 March 2010

37 weeks

This week's doctor visit was fine. I measured 37 weeks and there is nothing new. We are still working on our to-do lists. Not much left. I was waiting to post this week when they finished our pool fence, but due to the rainy weather it won't be done until later today. I will post pics in a couple days. Today Erick took my car in to have regular maintenance done and to also have any recall items fixed. We will then clean out the garage and clean the car. I also have someone coming Sunday to clean the house. It's pretty tiring cleaning our house with the whole down stairs needing mopped. I have a friend that recommended this self-employed mother-daughter team and they aren't going to charge much for a one-time good cleaning. We had once looked into having something monthly, but after a couple quotes decided it was not worth it. (By the way, Merry Maids is crazy expensive!)

Last weekend my parents came over. I know some may think we had a project since my dad was here, but we did not. However, my mom and I did do some baby shopping. In addition, I removed all of the tags from Caden's clothes and toys and washed everything. He is all set.
Erick and I attended a couple baby classes in the last week. We were unable to take labor classes because neither of us could commit to one night per week with our schedules. The first was ABC's of Baby. "We" learned how to change diapers and swaddle baby. In addition, we were shown video of some things. I think it made Erick feel more comfortable but he was a little disturbed to see a picture of meconium. The second class was Infant/Child CPR. We thought it was especially important with us having a pool. I took a class in college in which I became CPR certified and it was interesting to me how much the method has changed since then. The instructor told us that the guidelines would in fact be changing at the end of this year again.

I also had a baby shower last weekend. It was hosted by friends Melissa and Lisa and held at Melissa's house. (Melissa on right, Lisa on left)
The hosts were also kind of enough to make this super cute wreath that doubled as decor and useful things for Caden:
Melissa's husband Matt was sweet enough to make lots of yummy food from scratch. Even though I had had lunch an hour before I couldn't help but stuff myself with lots of the delicious food.
The shower was a diaper shower. I made out with lots of diapers and wipes, but I also went home with lots of other gifts too. It was a lot of fun!
Random craziness... Saturday when we got home from the shower, mom and I discovered that it had been so windy that our tent that was on the back deck had literally flown over the roof of the garage and ended up in the front bed! Luckily nothing was hurt but the tent itself.
I must also quickly mention and give a shout-out to FSU basketball. Both teams made the NCAA tournament. The men headed off to Buffalo, NY this week for the first round and the women were a high enough seed that they were able to stay in Tally. Go teams!

No comments:

Post a Comment