11 February 2010

Nesting?

What we have been up to...

We have been getting ready for baby. Some people might call it nesting, but as Erick said- if it is called nesting then you were doing it long before you were even pregnant. Yes, I am a list maker. I like to get things done and over with. I am a very busy bee.

We have been fitting in appointments between work. During basketball season, Erick for the most part works 7 days a week. Working for both teams has him at the BTC (basketball training center) pretty much all the time. What is nice is that he can come and go as he pleases and doesn't answer to anyone, as long as he gets done what he needs to get done. I am also able to go up there at anytime and visit. He has a couch and TV in his office so even if he is busy I can hang out. This will all end before baby, though. Worse case scenario (or best case for the team) the national championship game is April 5 (and I am due April 7). I am still working full time. Yesterday was my 14 hour day (I have one every other Wed). They are definitely getting more difficult. I am working on my doctor to sign off on me cutting back. If he won't then I will most likely cut at least that 14 hour shift down to an 8 or 10 soon.

Within the last week we have met with a daycare, pediatrician, and our financial advisor. I have asked most of my regular, young mom customers who they use for childcare. Most of them have said they use the daycare in the upscale neighborhood my store is in. Well, I have heard that this daycare runs a little over $1000 per month. This is definitely not worth it since I will be cutting back to 30 hours after my leave and will only need the baby in there a couple days per week, maybe even just one. Anyways, I finally got a good lead. One customer, whom I trust and whose husband is a cop, recommended a lady who runs an at-home daycare in the neighborhood. In fact, I can actually see her house from my drive-thru window! So, Erick and I met with her and really like her. She has 3 kids and she keeps 3 kids. Our baby would be her only little baby, and she promised she wouldn't be taking on any more children after him. She charges $40 dollars a day and doesn't care if it's just one day per week or more. So, I am working on a work schedule. I do have one option where he would be there one day per week, which would financially be nice, but it would require me to keep working a 14 hour day every other week. So, we'll see.

Next, I was having trouble with the baby's doctor. I was torn between a pediatrician or a family practitioner. I hadn't really heard of anyone who just absolutely loved their kid's doctor. Until, that is, my friend Christy. Christy is a pharmacist too and she had her baby in November. She has been seeing a pediatrician her ob recommended and she absolutely loves her! So, I set up an appointment and Erick and I met with her this week. Her name is Anna Koeppel (the o is silent). She is really young and was so nice. She gave a little speech in the beginning, during which she answered all of my questions. We felt really comfortable with her and look forward to her being our child's pediatrician!

This week we also met with our financial advisor. We made sure our finances are where we want them to be and discussed setting up a will and trust and stuff. Not things that are nice to think about, but are things that need to be done. So, that adds to our future to-do list.

Oh, we also had the pest control people come out and check out our wasp problem. We have been killing about 3 or 4 a week in the house! Luckily since it is winter they just sit there and we can kill them more easily. The bug guy feels that they are coming from the chimney and sprayed inside it. Then he suggested we put up a thinner screen around the top of the chimney. We'll see if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment