02 February 2010

Week 31

I had a very busy morning today. My first stop was the ophthalmologist. I have been having random occurrences of stars in my vision which lead to blurred vision causing me not to see out of the bottom half of my eye for about 20 to 30 minutes. The first time it was kind of scary because I didn't know if it would go away, but now I am use to it. It happens about once a week. Anyways, the doctor said it is textbook 'ocular migraines.' It is in the migraine family and has nothing to do with my eyes. It's just how the migraine is manifesting. It's probably due to the hormonal changes of pregnancy and should go away after the baby is born. Luckily it's just annoying when it happens, it's not associated with a headache or anything.

Today I also had my follow-up with Dr. Hume. He wasn't there so the technician allowed a student to play around for about 5 minutes and then she took all the measurements and pictures she needed to pass on to the doctor. She said he would call within a week with the results and let me know if he wants to follow up. I am hoping he will want to see me again since he wasn't there today. The baby today weighed in at 4 pounds 2 ounces! The average I found for 31 weeks was 3 pounds 5 ounces. I guess he's pretty close but it sounds to me like he might be a big baby. We'll see, sometimes they're off on these weight measurements. He was positioned head down, which explains that it has been his feet kicking my ribs. I also learned that it is his hand pushing on (punching) my lower abdomen.

The technician then pulled out the special wand. Erick and I looked at each other and smiled because we have come to learn that this is the 4D wand. Indeed, she played around with the 4D ultrasound. He wasn't cooperating again today. At first he only had one hand in front of his face, then he put both. She said it is usually hard to get a good face picture (which is why I am glad we didn't pay to have one done). So, we only got 3 pictures but it is neat being able to see the details. We also got to see his hand, foot, leg, and scrotum in 4D but she didn't take picture of them =). But anyways, here are the pics. I think he is going to look like his daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment