11 February 2010

And he shall be called...

Caden William Casto

Most of you knew this already. What you might not have know is that last summer I layed out by the pool and I made my way through an entire baby name book with 100,000 names. I obviously read the whole thing because at that time I wasn't even pregnant so I had to read through both genders. There were a lot of weird names and a lot of weird meanings. For example, Cameron was crossed off our list because it means "one with a crooked nose." (Obviously meaning isn't the most important thing and if your name is Cameron or you like the name, no offense) Each time I would find a name I even semi-liked I would highlight it (making it easier to come back to in the future). We then narrowed it down to a list for each sex. When we found out he is a boy, we narrowed that list down to 3 names. We played with the names for a long time and Erick was very hesitant to settle on one (I think he still is). He kept saying, "but what if he doesn't look like a Caden?" But my persistence in wanting to call my baby by a name, even in the womb, finally payed off. So, Caden is a name I found and we like from the baby name book. We did struggle with the spelling some because there are many variations- Caden, Cayden, Kaden, Kayden, etc... In the end we settled on the most common spelling.

The middle name was easy. We wanted him to have some part of Unc's name. Unc's name is John William. John is just too common amongst the people we know, and it doesn't sound like the best middle name option. So, we went with William. It actually goes with almost everything. So, our little boy became Caden William Casto. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment