07 January 2010

Surprise!

Yesterday I made what started out as an innocent trip to TJ Maxx (one of my most favorite stores). While I was there I found a comforter set that I thought would go well in Erick and my room for a mere $60. So, that was the beginning of the rest of my day.

When Erick got home I greeted him at the door and had him repeat the following after me: I love you very much and I promise I won't get mad. He then looked at me very scared and said "you didn't break my Deon Sanders autographed football, did you?" I don't know how you break a football, and I also have no idea why this was the first thing that came to his mind. He should know better.

When I was in high school and even middle school I would rearrange my bedroom all the time. My bed had been positioned on all 4 walls of the room several different times by the time I left my parents house. I love how just switching a few things around can make a room feel brand new. Well, I still do this. When Erick worked with the men's team as a student he would travel with them and be gone a couple days. One time he left and came home and our bedroom in our rental had these stripes around the top of the wall (I know, that is one bright blue... I was bored):
Not long after that he left for a trip and came back and our guest bedroom in the same rental had a quote I painted around the top of the wall. I couldn't find a picture of this. Our house has been no different. This is how our bedroom started out:
Then I decided it needed something, so Erick came home from work one day and I had painted tan stripes around the ceiling. I didn't like these so I went back and painted them brown a couple days later (again, while Erick was at work):
This lasted about a year, but I was never quite satisfied. I know it looks nice and this is a look that my parents really liked, but I decided the room was too dark so I painted the entire room a lighter shade of blue. During this time I made changes to other rooms in the house to the point I was satisfied with them, but our bedroom has always been something I wasn't happy with. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Enter my trip to TJ Maxx yesterday, I picked up the comforter set and a couple of taller cheapo lamps. I came home and rearranged our dressers (not pictured) and pictures and our bedroom now has a completely different feel that I am very pleased with!
When Erick came into the bedroom I think there was a little bit of relief and excitement on his face. But he loved it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment