02 January 2010

Bargain!

Erick has a "dream" watch that he's wanted for a while. He used to want a Tag Heuer watch for a long time, but one day a couple years ago he tried on a David Yurman watch and fell in love. One of the only stores we've seen David Yurman carried in around these parts is Carlyle and Company, and they are going out of business. The Carlyle in Tallahassee was the first to start liquidating, so I hurried on over there to see if they would be dropping the price. Much to my dismay they had already shipped out all of this brand of jewelry because at the time the were planning on keeping a few stores open and they did not want to drop the price of this jewelry. I was saddened not only by this, but also by the fact that I was having trouble finding this particular watch even on the internet.

Skip to Christmas Eve 2009. Carlyle and Company is now closing all of their stores. Erick and I decided to stop by the one in Destin to look for something completely unrelated, when what did we stumble upon? His David Yurman watch! It was 50% off and we were in a hurry to get to church in FWB. The store was closing in 30 minutes, oh the pressure! It was still pretty expensive and we were torn. So, I asked the guy if it would drop any lower since they weren't closing for another week. He quickly whispered "come see me first thing Saturday morning" then loudly said "so, y'all want to think about it some more?" Erick and I had to be back in Tally for work Saturday so we sent Unc in with his cell phone. They were very busy and Unc put the man on the phone and Erick told him which watch he wanted and the man said "oh, yes, I remember, I will wrap that up for you." Erick laughed and said "wait, how much is it?" The man said "oh, trust me, you want it. It is 80% off!" Score!!! So, Erick got his birthday present early this year. I won't make him wait 2 months to wear it =).

No comments:

Post a Comment