30 November 2010

End of 2010


Can you tell basketball season has started? Thus, my lack of postings. Having Caden now definitely amplifies how demanding working for two basketball teams is. I use to try to work when Erick worked so I would be off when he was off. But now I do the opposite so we don't have to have a baby sitter all the time. Needless to say, we do a lot of switching off.

Caden is getting so big. At 7 months he was 19 pounds 2 ounces. He had a little trouble with constipation, but the doctor changed his diet to oatmeal cereal instead of rice and 2 ounces of pear juice every day and that did the trick. He has been sick off and on for over a month. The one good thing about him being sick is that he didn't want his pacifier since he couldn't breath with it, so once he got better we never reintroduced it. The last time we went to the doctor a couple weeks ago he was 20 pounds 8 ounces and 27 1/2 inches.

Since my last post he is sitting up by himself, and loves to stand. He can pull himself up from the sitting position to standing sometimes. He also will walk along the couch. A couple days ago I went to get him from his crib and he had pulled himself up onto his knees. Yesterday he started crawling. He had been going a couple "steps" then stopping, but yesterday I left him in the back room and turned around and he had followed me into the kitchen. He loves Mickey Mouse since we watch it once every day and now recognizes the character when we are at the store. He is so much fun, I love it when he laughs. I also love how when he gets a bath he likes to play and reach for himself in his reflection in the drain cover. His schedule continues to change. We are now down to eating 4 times per day and 2, sometimes 3, naps per day.


By the way, mom and dad got me a new lens for my birthday (early gift) and I LOVE IT!!!! I am still learning, though. I am also SUPER excited Unc and Pankey are getting us PhotoShop for Christmas!!!

Caden was a duck for Halloween. Poor little guy. I know he will look back and say "mom, you had to make me a duck, didn't you?' I tried to be creative at first and make him a costume, but it just wasn't working.

Unc and Pankey and mom and dad came over for Thanksgiving since Erick and I had to work. Erick smoked Turkey and made some awesome creamed spinach, mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese. It was yummy.

Our friends Justin and Jessica are came over a couple weeks ago and we went to a Jars of Clay Christmas concert. It was the first time we had a baby sitter when we were not here. I was nervous, but it ended up going a lot easier than I anticipated. It was my technician Emily, so it helped I knew and trusted her.

Last week we went to the Victorian Christmas in Thomasville, Ga with our friends Matt and Christy. It was a lot of fun. It was the latest either of us had ever kept the babies out. We learned a lot from that trip and I feel if we had ended it about an hour earlier it would have been perfect. Also, next time I will skip taking the stroller. It was too hard to maneuver in such a crowd and he ended up wanting to be carried anyways. I will use the moby wrap and Erick can carry Caden's stuff in a backpack.

Saturday night we had my work Christmas party here. It was hard to do with Caden here, but we made it through. Erick made chili and creamed spinach for a dip and I made dirt dessert. Here are a couple pics of my tech Amanda and her daughter that I took for her.


I am so excited Christmas is here! I wish Caden understood. We decorated the house early this year. I pretty much work the weekend after Thanksgiving every year and that makes it too hard to decorate. So, this year we decided to decorate the weekend before. I am not usually one that likes to skip holidays, but one month seems a little short for Christmas anyways.

Erick and I talked about Christmas traditions, ones we want to keep and start. We decided we will try to always go back to FWB for Christmas. Before Christmas these are our goals: visit Santa Clause, drive around and look at Christmas lights, Victorian Christmas, shop for Angel tree child, do something for the homeless. Here is our tentative Christmas Eve and Day schedules:

Christmas Eve:
spend day with Unc and Pankey, exchange gifts, read the Christmas story
make food for the homeless, drop off at First Baptist Church 4:30-5PM
Christmas Eve service Cinco Baptist 5-6PM
Soup dinner and dessert at mom's
exchange family gifts
put on new pajamas and read Twas the Night Before Christmas

Christmas day:
Open gifts- we have decided we will begin the tradition of Caden only getting 3 gifts (because Jesus only got 3 gifts and to keep ourselves from getting carried away, when he is old enough he will give away 3 of his toys)
Sing Happy Birthday to Jesus
Breakfast at Waffle House
spend time with Unc and Pankey
Drive back to Tallahassee

So, we hope you and your family have a very merry (and healthy) Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment