On Monday, 11/16/06, Dr. Hume (the specialist) called and said all my labs came back negative. However, he wanted me to come in Tuesday to take a look at the baby to rule out anemia. The ultrasound did indeed rule it out. So, everything "bad" has been ruled out, which is great. At this time all he can do it monitor the baby. The baby did have less of the cardiac events Tuesday, another good thing! Erick and I are optimistic and think that he will outgrow it. The doctor wants to monitor me every week for the next 4 weeks. Erick and I are excited because that will be 7 weeks in a row we will see the baby! But that may change, of course, because last time he said he wanted to see us in 4 weeks. Also, Tuesday we got to watch him for about an hour because there was a student ultrasound technician that was there learning. That was a lot of fun. When the technician asked if we minded if they played around a little, we told her we definitely did not. Below is a picture from Tuesday, it isn't as good as previous ones. (20 weeks)
On another note, I worked last weekend and I guess my ankles took all they could take after standing for 4 days straight at work. They swelled to about 3 times their normal size. I wasn't expecting that so soon. After about 2 days of elevating them, it finally went down some. I bought some compression socks to wear at work and they seem to be helping. Dr. Hume said if I have access to a pool, wading in one is the best thing to help reduce the swelling. I told him I do have access but there's no way I'm getting in it anytime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment