We were going to cut and sew the fitted she to make table cloths, but when we stretched it over the table I decided to keep the elastic on. You see, I like to put a tablecloth on when kids are at the table but it is always sliding off. The elastic band keeps it in place. It may sound redneck, as Erick says, but it actually doesn't look too bad. The sheet is big enough that the elastic band folds under and you can't see it. I may also make throw pillow covers out of the pillow cases. Nothing wasted here =), and it was still much cheaper than buying fabric.
You can also see in the above picture that I painted stripes on the wall behind the curtains. I wanted to do something to the wall without just hanging pictures. So, I took the paint from the living room, which is a shade darker than the color in the kitchen, and painted stripes.
I also got these lovely knobs at Anthropologie in Jacksonville for our TV stand. The old knobs were stripped and I had hot glued them in. Caden was pulling on them and they were little, so I was afraid they were a choking hazard. I absolutely love these glass knobs!
We installed a gate at the top of the stairs. It works quite nicely. We also have a piece of plexiglass we plan on attaching to the
railing to the right of the gate. Evidently the space between the rails is wider than suggested "baby proofing." I think my son's head is far to big to fit through there, but better safe than sorry. We need to get a gate for the bottom of the stairs still, especially now that Caden can crawl the whole way up them.
I made a couple changes to Caden's nursery. I bought an alphabet print off etsy for above the bed that was on clearance because it had a slight blemish that the frame hides (score!). I also painted the painting with his name for above his dresser because he kept pulling on the heavy mirror that was above it while we were changing him.

*I would like to take this opportunity to proclaim my love for etsy.com. It is such a great idea. It is a website where people can sell items they make. You can find really great items for much cheaper than you can purchase at the store. I have bought pillow covers from England, custom onesies and tshirts, and prints off of it for cheap!
We rearranged the furniture in the living room and family/sun room. I will post on those later.
No comments:
Post a Comment